Monday, September 8, 2008

Edourdo Kac

The last work mentioned in 'Art and Nature and Technology', Eduardo Kac's 'GFP Bunny' poses quite a dilemma for me. The article says that he is raising the question, "Should we do things simply because we can? Evoking debates over the ethical limits of science and technology". It also says he functions on a middle-ground, but to me, making a bunny that glows to raise the question of whether it's morally corrupt to make a bunny that glows doesn't entirely make sense to me. This reminds me a little of what Michelle was saying in regard to Land Artists, and how she wasn't sure whether they were working to preserve the land or simply to create new forms of art. I'd be interested to hear what everybody has to say about this... Let's have an argument! Yay!

No comments: