Thursday, August 21, 2008

I'm a bit on the fence with what Georgia is saying. I think that using everyday/common objects in artworks is not a new thing anymore, but it is still interesting, despite the fact that you say it's extremely common among art practices these days.
However, I also think that during the theory and practical side to our course we have been shown a lot of work using everyday or quotidian objects, such as our Art de Povera assignment. Maybe we've just been studying a lot of works like these lately which is making us a bit blind to the other artworks that are out there. Don't get me wrong though, I liked the art de povera assignment.
Anyway, I really enjoyed Nat and Gemma's speeches. I find Sze's work really interesting. I love it how both far away and up close show different characteristics of the work, the intricate detail of all the small parts put together to create something huge.

No comments: