Saturday, August 23, 2008

The Quotidian Generation

Thanks Gemma and Natalie for your lecture on Tuesday.
I do tend to agree with Elli though I sometimes become tired of seeing art that is made from everyday objects. It is the nature of our generation, the throw away generation where there is no longevity in everyday objects. This becomes an issue for commentary and also a with the physical excess waste lying around, there is free material to make art from, so it is inevitable that we would have so many people doing the same thing in art. I loved Sarah Sze's work. I feel that Sze proves that there is always room for originality in any medium and discipline. The macro and micro aspect of the work, the feeling that you cannot take it all in at once, or that you may miss something, or see a part you did not see before. Its making me look at all the objects on my desk in a whole new way...Orgasmic!!!

No comments: